To request an edit, please use the contact form below or email me at marissavu(at)gmail(dot)com with the following details:
- The working title, genre, and total word count.
- A brief outline of the story that includes the premise (in 1-3 sentences), setting, major characters and your vision for the novel.
- Any special concerns you have about your writing? e.g., worries about how a certain character is coming across on the page, or concerns with how to tackle character conflict or realistic dialogue.
- The level of editing you’re interested in (see Editing Services)
- How many drafts the manuscript has gone through?
- A sample of the first chapter, copy-pasted into your email.
- Any questions or concerns you have! I’m happy to help.
Usually I am booked out up to 3-5 months in advance for novel-length projects. Please contact me early if you’d like to schedule editing time for your project, or to go on my waiting list in case a space opens up at short notice.
As a solo worker, I can only take on a select few manuscripts submitted to me per year. Things I look for in a new author are a strong narrative voice, a good understanding of writing techniques, and an eagerness to have the manuscript challenged to make it the best it can be.
I work on a range of genres (from Westerns to romance to non-fiction) but give preference to speculative fiction, especially
- fringe and Weird fiction,
- psychological horror,
- mystery, noir
- biopunk & cyberpunk,
- eco- or biological,
- anything with AI, near-future tech, or cephalopods. 🙂